Street Address : 354 and 331 King Street East
Period : 1900-1950
The Victoria Cafe was a popular establishment run by Jewly and Sing Lee between 1914 and 1948. The Mandarin Cafe was owned and run by Frank Lem and Lee Loung between 1931 and 1958. Because of the nature of the restaurant business, Chinese restaurants remained in the same locations for many years. This is very different from the Chinese laundries, which would shift locations much more often.