Street Address : 77 Princess Street
Period : 1800-1850
This large stone building was Moore’s Coffee House in 1817 and then Segro Carmino’s Mansion House in the 1830s. The Upper Canada Herald of 31 October 1837 contained the first of many newspaper advertisements that George Mink used to promote his business interests. We learn that he joined forces with Carmino to open a new livery stable, having newly purchased horses, carriages and sleighs, with sober and careful drivers. They also noted “their saddle horses will be found very superior.” This new partnership lasted barely six months, however, as George soon placed another ad to inform the public of his removal to Brock Street, as we saw in George Mink, Part One.